- 2 sticks salted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the butter and herbs in a food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Roll the butter into a piece of waxed or parchment paper so it resembles a log shape that is about 1” in diameter.
- Freeze the butter until ready to use. Note this will make more than needed but it is great served over vegetables or bread for later use.
2 pieces of Pomponio ribeye steak
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the oil, salt, and pepper over the steak.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat and add the steak.
- When the steak is browned on one side turn it over and then place it in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Cook until the meat is the desired temperature. You can test for doneness by pressing with your hand or using a meat thermometer. Go to 128 for medium rare or 138 for medium. The meat will continue cooking out of the pan.
- Allow the meat to sit for 5-10 minutes after roasting.
Serve the meat sliced on a plate with a slice of herb butter over the top.