- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3-4 pound Pomponio Ranch pork butt with bone in
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- Rub the pork butt with the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 325 and roast for 5 or 6 hours or until the meat is very tender and falls off the bone.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Pull the pork off the bone, shredding it as you go, and set the pulled meat in a roasting pan.
- Pour the coffee and barbecue sauce over it and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Stir well. You can reserve the bones for a soup or discard.
- Mix the meat and sauce and serve over slider rolls with a little drizzle of BBQ sauce and sprigs of cilantro.
- Serve hot sauce on the side.
We recommend serving these sliders with coleslaw and pickled red onions.