- Dust the beef shanks with flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven pan over medium-high heat. Brown the shanks on both sides.
- Add the onion, carrots, turnips, potatoes, garlic, red wine, tomato sauce, broth, and herbs.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and place into a 350-degree oven and braise for one hour or until tender up to 1.5 hours.
Remove from the oven. Serve the Osso Bucco in a large bowl with the vegetables and the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Make it look even more amazing with a garnish of fresh parsley, rosemary, and or thyme.