2 pieces of Pomponio ribeye steak
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub the oil, salt, and pepper over the steak.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat and add the steak.
- When the steak is browned on one side turn it over and then place it in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Cook until the meat is the desired temperature. You can test for doneness by pressing with your hand or using a meat thermometer. Go to 128 for medium rare or 138 for medium. The meat will continue cooking out of the pan.
- Allow the meat to sit for 5-10 minutes after roasting.
Serve the meat sliced on a plate with a slice of herb butter over the top.